Thursday, May 22, 2014

No Wrong - Good energy

This afternoon a friend of mine, who has made it clear to everyone that she does NOT want to be touched came up and asked if she could hug me.
I opened my arms and said, "of course."
She didn't just wrap her arms around my shoulders, she pulled me to her.
I held my breath at first, unsure.
Then I decided to go with it and I inhaled and hugged her back.  In an effort to respect that she doesn't love to be touched, I loosened my arms...in an non-verbal "letting go" kind-of-a-way.  
She didn't let go.  In fact she hugged me tighter.  So I squeezed her right back.  
She thanked me and told me she needed that.  
Wow.  No "wrong" actions.  No feelings that left me feeling strange.  Just good energy.  Really good energy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment