Thursday, May 22, 2014

Self Love

Last night I stood in the doorway of our bathroom.  I saw my reflection in the mirror and had a really amazing moment.  I saw the mother I had always wanted my whole life.

This fascination I have with seeing myself in a mirror started when I was 3 yrs old.  I climbed up on our piano, saw my reflection and said to my mom, "Yep! That's me!"
She (my mother) wrote this down in my book of Sharon-isms.

Often I have found myself admiring women from a distance, wishing they were my mother.  They appear to nurture well.  They are attractive and well kept.  They are confident and just all around attractive to me.

When I saw myself in the mirror last night and saw all these qualities, I smiled to myself, took a deep breath and felt complete.

I dreamed all through the night of my biological mother, my Godmother and all those who have been surrogates.  In my dream I was nurturing them, holding them and hugging them the way I wish I could feel hugs.  When I woke up, I had dreamed I felt "grown" inside my own skin.

When I climbed out of bed, I found that I was carrying myself differently.

I felt attractive, filled up, and ready to be the mother I always wished I had.

This feels interesting to come out of my mouth, yet it is how it feels.  "This is beautiful!  This is what is attractive to me.  I feel attractive, beautiful.  I love myself."
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment